Does your social media marketing plan include Instagram? This programme has rapidly risen to prominence in the social media landscape in just five years. New statistics indicate that among U.S. adults, it has surpassed Twitter in popularity.
Instagram in the World of Social Media Marketing
The results of a poll conducted by the Pew Research Center in September 2014 are as follows:
- Statistics show that over half of all internet users are active on multiple increase social media platforms, a 10% from 2013.
- Instagram is used by 53% of the 18-29 age group.
- Nearly half of Instagram’s user base logs in daily.
- Instagram saw a 9% rise in its total user base between 2013 and 2014.
- In the past year, Instagram has seen significant expansion across virtually all user subsets.
- Instagram is used by 21% of all U.S. adults (twice as many as LinkedIn and Pinterest combined and 3% more than Twitter).
- That’s not all, though. Some additional interesting data about this social media programme are as follows:
Instagram attracts million of users.
The eighth most downloaded social media programme in the United States is this one.
Instagram users have uploaded and shared over 30 billion photos.
About 70 million photos are uploaded to Instagram every day.
Instagram has a 15-times higher interaction rate than Facebook.
More than seventy-five percent of teenagers are Instagram users.
Marketing on Instagram, a Social Network
Hopefully, by now, it is clear that Instagram should be considered as part of any successful social media marketing strategy. Where do you even begin? To paraphrase, here are eight guidelines to follow:
- Maintain coherence. Consistent posting is essential on Instagram just as it is on any other social media platform.
- Make use of keywords. This is a fantastic strategy for getting your name out there. Use popular keywords when tagging your pictures so they show up in user searches.
- Try to enjoy yourself. Instagram relies heavily on user creativity; have fun with it! In addition to sharing motivational pictures and quotes, post photographs of your team, goods, and customers.
- Imagine the image. Make sure the photos you share on Instagram are nice to look at.
- Act promptly. The word “insta” in the moniker indicates that results will be seen immediately. Although it’s not always feasible, try to publish your updates at the earliest available moment.
- Examine the stats. This is crucial to the success of your overall social media advertising campaign! Analyze trends, keep track of what your fans like, etc. by looking at the statistics at least once a quarter (if not once a month).
- All aboard! Instagram is full of fads like “Throwback Thursday” and “Man Crush Monday.” Find creative methods to take part that are fun to watch or read about.
- It’s important to be aware of property regulations. Make sure you have the proper permissions to use any pictures you discover online instead of taking your own.
- Does your social media marketing plan include Instagram? It’s a fantastic tool for your company to use if you want to connect with people between the ages of 18 and 29. Consistently sharing visually appealing pictures is another way to interact with the public and take benefit of trends, hashtags, and statistics. Get in touch with us for a free 30-minute consultation if you need further guidance or have any particular concerns!